Monday, February 4, 2008

At school!

Ciao.
Going to school on Saturday is not fun at all! No one else in the house has to get up so early. I am not eating any gluten now and i i feel much better. Give it a week or so and i will feel even better.
The plans for the weekend were going to be good but they all changed when there was a bit of rain. We werer going to Milan for the day on Sunday but with a bit of drizzle we cant do that! i was looking forward to going to Milan. Lorodana said the day before if its bad weather then we wouldnt go to Milan but we would go and see the local equastrian centre. We didnt do that either. Instead we went for a family friends house about an hour away, they lived up in the mountains. It was a very nice area, snowy mountains surrounding the house and their little town, Brissago Valtravaglia, was on the side of a mountain and looking over to the other side was another little town. Photos will be up soon! We went for a walk to a friends of these friends and went to this house that was full of animals, they had donkeys, a cow, chooks, ducks, geese, rabbits, foxs, guinue pigs, deer and 80 - 90 cats! it was mad, there were so many cats!
On saturday night we went out for dinner to a local pizza place! We were celebrating the anniversary of Lorodana and Giorgio, they have been married for 19 years.
School is quite boring because of the whole language thing. I will get it slowly.
This afternoon we are going to see the equestrain centre and hopefully if its not too expensive i might be able to ride sometime.
well have to go, class is ending, im at school now, school is the best place for being able to go on the net.
ciao for now!

3 comments:

brettwatson.com said...

Hey Meg, do all the kids go to school on Saturdays? and I loved the attitude when you said 'drizzle' almost sarcastic.. Can't wait to see the pics let me know when I should check out Flikr again, cause i'll be going to the hospital to visit nan again in the next 2 days. She was looking a lot better when I went three days ago and was in a great mood too. Hope your having fun can't wait to see the animal house and mountains etc hope you took photos.... OH also any basic info.. like who you live with how many family photos etc... how do i find your house on google earth. just one drizzly afternoon when you have time.... OH keep up with the gluten thing.. I had a dairy / gluten overload this week and boy am I paying for it... not worth it... stay vigilant!... love you.. Brett

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg
great blog! i love the photos, what a mind shift for you. I bet your Italian is better than mine already - i started back at lessons this week, our group's been going for 3 years now and we can hardly have a basic conversation. It must be so hard for you at school but i bet they all want to practice their english on you. Will you be learning some dialect up there or do they speak mainstream italian? the house with the cats sounds wild. Have you got to play in the snow yet? I just forwarded this link to Jackson and he's going to write soon, we've just started back at school so he's having a hard time getting back into routine and is at basketball now and grumpy.Here's a good phrase I just learnt, that might be useful if they ask you questions about Tassie that you don't know the answer to - penso di si or penso di no (I think so or I don't think so)
ciao
kate

Meg In Italy said...

Hey Brett, No, not all the kids go to school on Saturday, there are like 3 different schools in the one school, I and the school that im at or doing we have to go to school on Saturday. On of the 3 different schools is a more academic school and then the other is more a electronically area. Im not using flickr anymore, I forgot my password! All my photos will be on my blog.
That’s good to hear about nan.
Type in Via Leonardo Da Vinci 22 and you should find my house on google earth. Yeah I do feel much better now I am off gluten.
Love meg. xox