Thursday, February 28, 2008

Firenze (Florence)

I left for Firenze on the 20th. I met up with Jackie the other exchange student in Gallararte. We got a train to Milan at 10:03. Once we arrived in Milan central we had over an hour until our next train to Firenze. We had to meet the STS reps and other students at 11:30. Jackie and I spotted a bright yellow STS bag over by a shop so we went over and introduced ourselves. He was Michael from New Zealand. We had so much to talk about. We went for a walk outside of the station trying to find a pizza shop. Surprisingly we couldn’t find one and we didn’t want to walk too far just in case we got lost!! Milan is very nice, well the little square that we saw. Michael is very nice, we were always talking it was great to talk to people who were going through the same thing! He has already gone on a school trip to London for 5 days! We went back to the station to get food and we saw another STS bag. We went over and said hi, it was Alex. I remember this from flying over. After picking a few students we went and got food! While walking to the shop which we had to meet the STS reps we saw another student. Emma, I also remember her from flying over. Her host parents were with her. Once we had all arrived we had a short time before the train left for Firenze. We weren’t all sitting together. Jackie and I were in the same carriage, Emma was going to be by herself so she just came and sat with us. Her host parents bought her the train ticket and bought her second class tickets and gave her 100 Euro for spending money! After about an hour we all went to the Bar. We found a very empty carriage so we all (Alex, Michael, Emma, Jackie and I) just moved there. It was a very quick trip, we talked a lot of the way. Once we arrived at Firenze we had to meet all the other students at MacDonalds. There were about 16 students and then 3 STS reps or just people who worked in the office. We were all just standing in this circle waiting for one for person. The circle was quiet no one really said anything to each other for the first like 10 or so minutes! We walk to our Hotel, it took about 20 mintues. We walked past the Piazza San Giovanni and the Duoma. They are so beautiful. As you will be able to see from the photos when I get around to sending them! Firenze is so beautiful the best city I have been to. Haven’t been to many though! I was in room 21, it was a 4 person room but there was only 3 of us in there. Mel, Jackie and me. It wasn’t a bad room. 4 beds and a bathroom. And an ugly picture of a shell! Haha We had a meeting which was just any questions we had and just going through all the rules and regulations of doing exchange! Everyone has broken at least one! No one has been sent home soon! STS way paying for dinner, we went out too a very nice restaurant. I didn’t get pizza because I thought well since I wasn’t paying I should get something a little more expensive! I got steak and a tomatoey sauce. It was ok. We then went for a nice gelato shop and we all got an ice cream. It was a cold night too! At 10pm the Pure Night Space Club opened, I think that’s what it was called! It was heaps of fun. Quite expensive though but then all these night clubs are. They put a big black line through our little card thing which meant what ever drink we bought or got because you get a free drink when you pay to get in. The black line meant that we couldn’t have any alcoholic drinks! Mel was sick, she spewed up. I had to look after her for some of the night. We aren’t really sure what was wrong. We didn’t leave until about 12:30 and then Jackie and I stayed up talking until about 12 and being immature by playing a knocking on the wall game with the people next door! Ahah Breakfast was at 8:30 and then we had the rest of the day to do what ever we wanted. We all left the hotel as a group and then just slowly split up. I was with Michael and Natasha from NZ and Sonia from Austria. Florence is so beautiful!
Such fun travelling!

1 comment:

Mitch said...

WE couldn't find the pizza place....but we found like 10 "sexy shops" LOL

Yay the new zealand dude! He sounds cool! :)

Memba the Freaky white Lady that like attacked me!?